A Professional Quality Ink Paste for Chinese Soapstone Seals
- The "Xiling" brand of Shanghai is the best known seal ink paste maker in China.
- This seal ink kit contains an exquisite red seal ink pad which is made of oil-based red ink soaked in a special plant fiber base. It will not bleed on rice paper.
- The red seal ink is held in an Emperor Qianlong-style blue-and-white porcelain container with a nice imperial dragon design on the cover.
- Included there is also a little white scrapper to flatten the surface when needed.
- The outer box is an embroidered, lined satin box.
- Manufacture-sealed in a nicely packed in a Chinese gift wrapping paper. It makes a great gift for anyone who likes Chinese art to enjoy for many many years to come!
Like a "desert after dinner," the Chinese have been using seals for thousands of years as the finishing touch on their calligraphy and brush paintings. These seals feature the name of the artist, or "mood seal" seals to help balancing the composition. Traditionally you only need to get one high quality red seal ink to use with your name seal, which will last for a life time.
Net Ink Amount: 30g.
porcelain container: Diagram 3", 1 1/4" inch high
Satin Box: 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" x 1 7/8"
For Use Instructions please click here.