Welcome to BlueHeronArts.com!
If you are a beginner to Chinese brush painting, here is what will you need to prepare for the online class. A student value package is also available.
1. 3-5 Chinese Painting Brushes.
If you are a beginner, you may choose from one of BHA's basic brushes: basic three brushes(a stiff, a soft, and a small detail), basic four(the basic 3 + a combination brush), or basic five(the basic 3 + a large super wash brush and a whisker landscape brush) . We also have many other varieties in size and shapes are available here for you to choose from. If you already have some Asian brushes, try them to see if they work for you.
2. Sumi Ink. You may use bottled liquid ink or ink cake for convenience. Traditional inkstick and inkstone and are recommended for best result.
3. Rice Paper. High quality of authentic Chinese rice paper are available at moderate prices. We recommend semi-sized Xuan rice paper and mulberry papers to beginning students because they are less bleeding. For advanced students, you might want to try our high absorbent Xuan(shuan) paper.
4. Watercolor Paints. Marie's Chinese painting watercolor and traditional color chips are available in our online store. You may also use artist quality watercolor or gouache such as alizarin crimson or Chinese white.
5. A Pallet and Two White Ceramic Saucers.
6. 2 Water Containers: one for rinsing brush, and one for clean water.
7. A piece of Felt Pad. It should be in white or light color, no black! Synthetic is fine. Wool is the best. Recommended size: 18"x20".
8. Paper Towel or Hand Tissue. for blotting or to dry the brush.
9. Brush rest: You need a brush rest to prevent your brushes from staining your table or accidentally rolling over onto your painting.
10. Paper weight: a pair of paperweights are needed to hold the rice paper in place when you paint.
|This article was published on Wednesday 19 November, 2008.|
|Current Reviews: 0|
**COVIC-19 shipping: we will continue to operate from home and ship your order as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and support! Keep painting to keep calm and healthy! For international customers please check USPS international service alerts list. **
We ship world- wide from Los Angeles, California. To find out the shipping cost, please add the items you are interested in to the shopping cart and you will see a shipping calculator there. Simply select your country from the pull-down manual and hit "recalculate" to see the cost. Free shipping on domestic orders above $200. Click here for more information about our Shipping and Return Policy.